Tractor Tuning & Efficiency Courses are under development
Translation of Tubewell/Pumps Energy Audits Manuals under consideration along with video demonstration clip
Centre for Clean Air Policy is assisting ENERCON in developing a proposal on energy efficiency in agricultural sector focusing on integrated best practices along with irrigations techniques and systems optimization for submission to Green Climate Fund and UK-German Nationally Appropriate Mitigation Action (NAMA) facility
TIPS TO REDUCE YOUR ENERGY COSTS FOR AGRICULTURE SECTOR
- Tune up your tractor and farm machinery regularly
- Service your tube well/pumping station regularly
- Do not use tube well in morning/evening peak electricity consumption hours
- By using TOD meters installed on agricultural tube-wells, farmers may avail 75 paisas rebate per unit while operating tube wells between 10 pm and 6 am
- Remember! Irrigation during day time results in vaporization of large quantities of water, which can be saved if crops are irrigated during night time
- Rewind the burnt tube-well motor with good quality wire which not only prolongs the motor's life but also reduces your electricity bill
|Promote/Incentivize energy efficient agriculture tractor and farm machinery( Tehsil level free tune up and maintenance)||Agriculture ministry, LG & RD||25/03/08|
|Ensure energy efficient tube wells and Water Pumping Stations.||PIDAs and Dev Authorities||25/03/08|
|Energy efficient Cropping practices and use of organic fertilizers, on-farm water management, etc.||Agriculture Ministry, and provincial governments||25/03/08|
- Pakistan is basically an agricultural country. Its agriculture sector is one of the major consumers of national energy resources, the farm tractors and agricultural tubewells using a substantial amount of High Speed Diesel and electricity.
- ENERCON has demonstrated through pilot projects that present energy-use efficiencies in the agriculture sector are very low and there exists a great potential for energy conservation is this sector. By eliminating inefficiencies in the tubewells, 0.3 Million Tons of High Speed Diesel and 1500 GWh of electricity (worth more than Rs. 1.5 Billion) can be saved yearly. Similarly, by improving tractor efficiency, fuel worth Rs. 1.8 Billion per year can be saved.