The National Energy Efficiency & Conservation Authority (Neeca) is an attached Department of the Ministry of Water & Power and serves as a federal focal agency mandated for initiating, catalyzing and coordinating all Energy Conservation activities in different sectors of economy. NEECA has been charged with a wide range of responsibilities including:-
· Formulating energy conservation programmes in all the main energy consuming sectors.
· Planning and initiating energy conservation actions nation-wide.
· Outlining policy guidelines to support energy conservation initiatives.
· Developing a comprehensive data base on opportunities for energy conservation.
· Supporting training activities on energy conservation application.
· Undertaking field research and pilot demonstration activities on specific energy conservation options and technologies; and
· Monitoring the implementation of conservation programs by other public and/or private sector entities...
|1985||Started as USAID Project .|
|1986||Autonomous Agency Under the Ministry of Planning & Development .|
|1989||First MD Appointed, Budget Allocated. Recruitment Initiated.|
|1993||Transferred to the Ministry of Water and Power|
|1996||Transferred to Ministry of Environment|
|1997||Status Changed to Attached Department in Ministry of Environment|
|2011||Transferred to Ministry of Water and Power|