A. Vital factors for Energy Conservation in Spinning:
The following section has been prepared to help the industries to keep into consideration the factors highlighted while doing in-house energy audits.
- Gas Generator Sets
- Optimise loading
- Use waste heat to generate steam/hot water /power an absorption chiller or preheat process or utility feeds
- Use jacket and head cooling water for process needs
- Clean air filters regularly
- Insulate exhaust pipes to reduce GG set room temperatures
- Proper exhaust is essential to maintain the GG set room temperature
- Waste heat recovery
- Recover heat from flue gas, engine cooling water and engine exhaust.
- Use waste heat for fuel oil heating, outside air heating, etc.
- Use chiller waste heat to preheat hot water.
- Use heat pumps.
- Use absorption refrigeration.
- Use thermal wheels, run-around systems, heat pipe systems, and air-to-air exchangers.